Are you an owner with a great condo for rent?
If so, we would love to take a few moments to chat with you about what we do. As you probably already know, we are a corporate housing business. What that means, exactly, is this: Our business is providing temporary living solutions to all kinds of people in the Tampa area. Most of our clients are executives, military, relocations and even professional athletes. We take great condos (like yours!) in great locations and sign a lease and a brief addendum with you, the owner. Once we have that done, we go into your condo and outfit it with everything our client would need to live in the Tampa area comfortably. We put all of the details together... pots & pans, sheets, towels, toaster, cookware, art... you get the idea, right?
Then, we turn around and "sub-let" your condo to someone else. (Our client) It varies, but our clients usually stay with us an average of six to seven months or more.
In a nutshell, that's pretty much it. There are a few things however that always seem to come up as questions, so I'll just throw them out here...
1) We (almost) never rent a condo from anyone until we actually have a need for it. This means that as soon as we call you and arrange to rent it from you, we are in a hurry to turn it around and accommodate our client. in other words, once we have a client in hand... it goes very fast.
2) Most of our leases with our owners are for 6 -7 months, with options to extend.
3) Some owners allow us to "build" a model unit without paying rent until we lease it to a client, and to abate the rent in times that it is empty between clients. This arrangement is definitely not required, but If you are agreeable to this, it is a good way to jump to the "top" of our list. This is referred to as a "pre build/abate" agreement.
4) We are your tenant, and our client is our tenant... in other words, our client is NOT your tenant. You would deal with us exclusively, never with our client. (And by the way, this is pretty much what our addendum says.)
5) We set up our rental payments to you in a computer bill pay service. You are paid every month automatically.
6) All utilities and services are in our name, unless otherwise agreed to between you and us. All maintenance remains your responsibility. We do however, have connections to all types of handymen... we can arrange to take care of the small maintenance items for you if you prefer.
7) Remember, our decision to rent your condo is a business decision. We have owners contacting us every day. The biggest factors affecting who's condo we rent next are: rent price, deposit amount (if any), location, amenities and view. In that order.
8) Deposits. Our business is a very cash-flow heavy business. As such, large deposits represent cash that is tied up for extended periods of time. (That is a bad thing) So owners that don't require deposits will rise closer to the top of our list as well. We would prefer to provide you with multiple professional references in lieu of a large deposit. We will not rent a condo that has a non-refundable deposit. (unless it is a pet deposit, which we turn and collect from our client if they wish to have a pet)
9) Pets. Since I mentioned it above... We rarely have clients with pets, but if it happens, we get approval for all pets with the condo owner before we allow our clients to have them.
10) Since most of our clients are here on business and without their families, our greatest need is for one bedroom condos. That is not to say that we don't have the occasional need for a two bedroom -- we do. However, we very rarely need a three bedroom condo and we almost never need a house. Also... all of our need right now is in the South Tampa area. The closer your condo is to South Tampa the better...
So, that pretty much covers it. If you are interested, just follow this link to a short form. It doesn't commit you to anything.
Thanks for stopping by!